The Park Advocate is the National Parks Conservation Association’s blog for news, multimedia, and opinions on America’s national parks and the issues they face.
We believe that America’s national parks and historical sites embody the American spirit. They are windows to our past, homes to some of our rarest plants and animal species, and places where every American can go to find inspiration, peace, and open space.
But these irreplaceable landscapes and historic sites need care and support to overcome the many dangers that threaten to destroy them forever. NPCA works every day to ensure our national parks get that vital care and support.
NPCA plays a crucial role protecting and enhancing our park system by:
- advocating for the national parks and the National Park Service
- educating decision-makers and the public about the importance of preserving the parks
- helping to convince members of Congress to uphold the laws that protect the parks and to support new legislation to address threats to the parks
- fighting attempts to weaken these laws in the courts
- assessing the health of the parks and park management to better inform our advocacy work
In more than 90 years, NPCA has grown to represent more than 875,000 members and supporters working to “protect and enhance America’s National Park System for present and future generations.”
Sign up for our news and email alerts to get important national park issues delivered directly to your inbox and become part of the NPCA family. Together, we can protect our national parks for this generation and those that come after.
Learn more about the National Parks Conservation Association at www.npca.org or by calling 1-800-NAT-PARK.